Code of conduct for Lunglei Govt. College
Students are held to a high standard of honesty and integrity as professionals, and their work has a significant impact on people's lives. Thus, they are expected to provide their studies duties with fairness, equity, impartiality, and a commitment to safeguarding public health, safety, and welfare. Adhering to the highest ethical principles is a must for students and a fundamental aspect of their professional conduct.
Code of conduct for students
Neat and clean clothes are the dress code for boys and girls. Too much body revealing clothes should not be worn. The official College T-shirt should be worn on every Monday and Thursday.
Prohibited conducts for students
- Engaging in any behavior that involves assaulting, harassing, intimidating, or threatening another person or group is not acceptable.
- Endangering the safety or health of others, stealing, damaging or defacing campus property or other individuals' property, disrupting campus activities, providing false information to the campus, forging, altering or misusing any Campus documents or records are all considered prohibited conduct.
- Possession, use or distribution of illegal drugs, violating provincial liquor laws or Campus alcohol policies, participating in hazing, or encouraging, aiding, or conspiring in any form of prohibited conduct is not allowed.
In the laboratories
- The students are required to wear the designated attire and appropriate footwear as specified.
- During practical classes, students are expected to maintain an observation book that includes graph paper, as well as use their own calculators, pencils, and erasers as recommended by the staff.
- The students must finish their experiment records and turn them in at the next class without fail, after the staff has checked the calculations. Students will not be allowed to enter the laboratory without their records.
*Code of Conduct for Students is maintained by Discipline Committee
Conduct for teachers
The profession of teaching is highly revered and has a crucial role in the development of a nation. Particularly in a developing country like ours, teachers play a significant part in shaping the students' character and career. Furthermore, a teacher's good character has a lasting impact on society as a whole. All of these factors are expected to contribute to making our country strong and vibrant. To accomplish national and social objectives, it is crucial for faculty members to adhere to specific rules and regulations and exhibit good behavior so that students view them as role models.
Conduct for staff and administration
- Verify and correct all UGC/College-related matters and make them available to the Principal/Director and Secretary.
- Attend work six days a week and extend it if necessary to complete pending tasks.
- Keep an up-to-date list of students with fee arrears and take appropriate follow-up actions as directed by the corporate office.
- Assist with departmental purchases and maintain proper accounting records.
- Assess the needs of each college-related requirement, such as library/classroom/staffroom/computer lab/other labs, invite quotes from various vendors, and conduct a comparative study of price and quality before making a purchase. The management can finalize and provide clarifications on quotations.
- Identify staff (Teaching and Non-Teaching) who frequently take leave, especially on Saturdays and Mondays and for more than two days in a month, and report to the Principal.
- Avoid engaging in irrelevant discussions and maintain silence in the office and surroundings.
- Take responsibility for the overall performance and monitoring of college developmental activities.
- Gather, adapt, store, and distribute information within the College.
- Organize, provide leadership, and control all administrative functions in the department.
- Provide services to other functions within the organization.
- Ensure efficient housekeeping and catering requirements for guests/employees.
- Plan, source, and maintain company transport.
*Code of Conduct for Teachers and Office Staff is maintained by the Administrators.